Monday, July 31, 2006

Blogger Postcards of the World - Premier Episode

Meeta at "What's For Lunch Honey?" has created and founded a new blogger event called "Blogger Postcards of the World or BPW".

I found this intriguing and signed up immediately. I am number "10" on "The List".

Much to MDH, Ander's dismay, I am a collector, of sorts. All sorts of things, that is. Much too much to get into here, at this time. So, why not include postcards from all over the world? Life is a banquet, my friends.

In my travels, I often find myself at the postcard rack selecting a handful of souvenirs from the particular vacation venue, anticipating a couple of hours of writing to family and friends, sitting at a quaint café over a cuppa.

Since this is the premier episode of BPW, I wanted to select a special momento for the recipient of my postcard. It had to be special. Something to remember the first time. I had several cards to choose from. I couldn't pick just one.

"Assortment of Postcards" . . .

Given the recent news stories surrounding the Middle East and its escalating climate of "war", my heart has been heavy with sorrow. This intensifies the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. When will it ever end?

It's a travesty. There are hundreds of thousands of civilians that are fleeing from the shelter of their homes; and the death of any innocent, Israeli, Lebanese, or Palestinian, is tragic. It has been painful to hear of so many children losing their families, their homes, and the hopes of a peaceful, tranquil and flourishing life.

And so, I plan to send this card, in hopes that through this forum, I can touch someone who feels the same as I do and evoke a thought for ”world peace.” We need it desperately.

Titled: "Peace Activists" . . .

Does anyone recognize the location of this plaza? The card does not mention it. I was just curious.


I leave you with the words of a peace loving soul who, ironically, lost his life through tragic violence.

"Ev'rybody's talking about
Ministers, Sinisters, Banisters and canisters,
Bishops and Fishops and Rabbis and Pop eyes,
And bye bye, bye byes.
All we are saying is give peace a chance
All we are saying is give peace a chance

Let me tell you now
Ev'rybody's talking about
Revolution, Evolution, Mastication, Flagelolation, Regulations.
Integrations, Meditations, United Nations, Congratulations
All we are saying is give peace a chance
All we are saying is give peace a chance

- John Lennon

I'm looking forward to the next event! Get your name on "The List"!

10 Comments:

Blogger Meeta K. Wolff said...

WOW! What a lovely thought and a fantastic postcard. I love it. I am sentimental and found this really touching.
I hope that I do not get hanged for this guess my first thought was Berlin because the tall pillar with the monument on top looks like the "Siegessaule" in Berlin. But I am a little unsure. Shame on me really as I have been to Berlin several times, the last time was last week! But then I just went to see ROBBIE WILLIAMS!!

Thanx for taking part!

12:17 PM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger K and S said...

beautiful card and important message!

8:16 PM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Sally said...

What a beautiful card - and wonderful sentiment. Thank you for taking part in this "hands across the world" event. Nice to meet you.

Take care,
Sally

8:38 PM, August 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an amazing photo! Imagining every person standing there holding their light to create such am image...wow!

10:45 PM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger anni said...

K & S - Thanks for stopping by and leaving word. I do feel the message is important for the world to recognize what is going on and "to give peace a chance".

Sally - Thank you for your kind words. I look forward to continued friendly exchanges!

Ellie - Can you imagine the impact if everyone around the world took an honor in holding their light for peace?

Thank you all for leaving your kind comments. It gives me great pleasure to know you are out there.

Tootles,
Anni :-)

12:04 AM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger anni said...

Meeta -
Robbie Williams! He's an awesome entertainer! Thank you again for this wonderful event. My Darling Husband thinks this plaza is in Roma, Italy. But I've yet to get more confirmation. Your guess is as good as mine!
I look forward to receiving my postcard and seeing how well this first round has gone.

Tootles,
Anni :-)

12:07 AM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger Karla said...

Anni, I do not know the location of the photo, but admit my first thought was the Vatican. Certainly, it may not be that place, but it was my first thought. It would be interesting to discover where it truly was taken, yes?

3:38 AM, August 04, 2006  
Blogger anni said...

Hi, Karla!

I am waiting to hear from other readers to see if they recognize it. Yes! It would be nice to stand on that plaza, some day.

Tootles,
Anni L0(

10:01 AM, August 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anni!
Just wanted to tell your readers that I was the blessed recipient of this beautiful card as well as a lovely postcard from the wine country - THANK YOU! I will post about them this weekend. I'm pretty sure that the picture was taken in Budapest, Hungary....http://www.wt-group.com/stpics/Budapest/Budapest%20(31).jpg
Ciao!
Payal

12:25 PM, August 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anni,

A compelling post and a beautiful postcard!

7:08 AM, August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home